Saturday, January 10, 2015

Doris needs a prayer from you

FROM CAROL CORINGRATO:
Please pray for my Aunt Doris, she is my Dad's sister, the one who was so much help to me when my dad was in assisted living. She has always been like a big sister to me. Please read below:


Subject: Mom update

Hi Carol! Just wanted to give you a quick update on my mom...
She has been complaining of fatigue, exhaustion and difficulty breathing. Judy and I finally convinced her to go to the cardiologist yesterday. It took us 3 hrs to get her ready and out the door. Once there, they ran additional blood work and took a chest x-ray.
Long story short, mom will be having surgery on Monday. The doctor was pretty blunt when giving her the options of balloon valvuloplasty or home with hospice care. She chose the procedure knowing it's a temporary fix. May last 3-9 months, but should make her feel better in the short term. Dr. Piegari only performs that surgery at St. Joe's. When I expressed my concern over the problems that arose during the last visit, he assured me mom would be on his service and those issues would be avoided. I sure hope he's correct. She will be in at least overnight. I will keep you updated...
If you have a chance to call her this weekend, I'm sure she would appreciate it.
Ok, that wasn't really a "quick update". Prayers appreciated!!!
Cheryll

No comments: