Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jim Roche succumbs to Lung Cancer





With sincere sadness I must report that Erin's uncle, Jim Roche, has lost his battle with cancer…succumbing on May 8th.

Thanks to all who have prayed for Jim.  Your expressed support was forwarded to Jim and he was brightened by your comments and prayers.





On Apr 13, 2012, at 9:19 PM, Jim Roche wrote:
I just returned from my doctor with some very bad news. My lungs are totally involved with small tumor cancer. Small tumor is easier to fight but is much more aggressive. The doctor says I can look for longer and better life but cure is not in the books. I meet with the oncologist and the radiologist next week and will have a better idea of my timing.
We should have plenty of time to relive and enjoy our lives together. I thank God an His Son Jesus for my wonderful life and the wonderful family He put in it.
I love you all so dearly.    Grandpa Jim.



Jim:

You are a fighter…and with prayer calling God to your side you only need the positive drive to keep the enjoyment and happiness as your strength in prevailing.

I will be dedicating my Eucharistic Adoration hour to you.

Richard Bockwinkel


Perpetual Adoration


Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration at St. Joseph is permanent adoration of Our Lord exposed to view in our Adoration Chapel. Over 400 parishioners take part in Perpetual Adoration. Each of them has picked one of the 168 hours of the week to spend with Jesus. During many hours of the week, more than one scheduled adorer is present along with other people that have stopped in for a visit. 

Everyone is encouraged to visit the chapel any time of the day or night to visit with Our Lord. There are Bibles, rosaries and devotional books to assist you in your meditations. 

You are invited to commit yourself to a weekly hour of adoration.


"The Church and the world have a great need of Eucharistic worship. Jesus waits for us in this Sacrament of Love. Let us be generous with our time in going to meet Him in adoration and in contemplation that is full of faith and ready to make reparation for the great faults and crimes of the world. May our Adoration never cease." 

There are 168 hours in every week. Can you give Jesus just one? He asked His apostles "Could you not watch one hour with me?" - (Matthew 24:40) . To arrange for your special hour with Jesus, call Lida Wurtenberger, 631.6907.

2 comments:

Richard Dillard said...

Our prayers are with you Jim!

Richard W Dillard said...

My prayers are with ALL the family during this time of loss