Sunday, December 5, 2010

sylvia's Requests...


Received the following PR from Michele's friend Lauren who lives in TN and teaches at St. Francis School there: 
Hey Mrs P - can you add soemone to your prayer chain for me? I have a student who's father had a massive heart attack 2 weeks ago. He wasn't expected to live through that night, but made it. Then, he wasn't expected to make it through surgery, but he made it again. But, when he woke up from surgery, he was very very agitated and they put him into a drug-induced coma to allow his body to heal. But now he won't wake up and he's completely reliant on a ventilator and machines (going on 2 weeks now). He and his wife had their 20th anniversary this past Wednesday. She refused to make any decisions before then and now it looks like they wil lbe making the decision to take him off of everything. It completely breaks my heart. The family has 4 boys - a senior, a sophomore, an 8th grader and a 6th grader. I've taught/am teaching the 2 younger boys and it is heart-breaking to watch them go through this. Please pray for the family to get through this difficult time.

Please pass this on to whoever will lift them up in prayer. The family is the Caprio family. Thanks!


This is from my former co-worker Nancy whose niece Kathy and her baby need our prayers:

To all who haven''t heard: I am am in icu at Univ of Alabama, Burmingham. I fell through the attic door and landed on my back on the garage floor. I broke my t11-12 spine and am numb from the waist down. Docs aren’t sure if I’ll regain feeling or not.  Also not sure how the pregnancy will go.  I’m in a lot of pain.  Had surgery on spine yesterday….prayers and well wishes much appreciated.

No comments: