Friday, March 12, 2010

Ed Dykes...heart surgery UPDATE

Ed's surgery went very well and he is doing fine.  He will be in CCIU for at least 2 days, maybe 3. then to a room and probably home on Friday.  Thanks to all of you for your concern, prayers and e-mails.   I will have to apologize for my accusation of  "old age laziness"....guess he had a good reason to be.  I look forward to  having the "ole Ed" back.  If anything changes I will let you know....Until the next time...thanks so very much!
Martha D.
Just a note to let Ed's Rust buddies know...yesterday afternoon after he began complaining of chest pain, sweating & nausea, I decided to take him to the E.R.  Following a series of tests and determining that he in fact had had a heart attack, they sent him to Jackson Hospital in Montgomery.  Following more testing, he was admitted.  Results of the heart cath indicated blockage in 3 arteries plus branches...surgery will most probably be tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted.  Please remember him in your prayers.    Thanks,  Martha D.

1 comment:

Bock said...

Ed's surgery went very well and he is doing fine. He will be in CCIU for at least 2 days, maybe 3. then to a room and probably home on Friday. Thanks to all of you for your concern, prayers and e-mails. I will have to apologize for my accusation of "old age laziness"....guess he had a good reason to be. I look forward to having the "ole Ed" back. If anything changes I will let you know....Until the next time...thanks so very much!
Martha D.