Saturday, December 12, 2009

sylvia's Requests...


Hi Sylvia.

I have a few prayer requests and updates:

>Update on Sheldon - he's home and doing well. Latest post (Wednesday) from his wife below:
Sheldon was discharged yesterday and I got him home to our house about 5:00 yesterday afternoon. He is much better than he was on Sunday when I saw him last, and he was moving around the house without much difficult. He even joined the group for bible study in the living room without becoming too overtired.
He is scheduled for bloodwork on Monday and a followup clinic appointment on Wednesday (a week from today) at which time I think they will be trying to determine how significant the antibody mediated rejection (AMR) is and what the next steps for that should be (more Valcade, kidney biopsy, no action?). In the meantime, the kidney on Tuesday remained good (creatin of 1.4), so we are encouraged by that.
In the meantime, we will try to resume what passes for normal at our house.
Thanks as always,
Kathy
>Please pray for my friend, Richard (contrabassoonist in the Harrisburg Symphony). His car was hit broadside earlier in the week. It took several days for the doctors to finally diagnose all of his injuries.
I just got back from 24 hours at St. Agnes (Agony) Hosp. They did CAT scans of my head/chest, X-rays of my shoulder, and MRI of head/neck. They know I have 2 broken ribs (in the back), a broken shoulder blade, some lung bruising, and possible some shoulder injury. My left arm is in an immobilization sling. I guess I have a reason for not overdoing Christmas this year.
>Please pray for my friend Paula's brother-in-law. He had a knee replacement last December and has been battling an infection for several months. This all sounds eerily familiar. He had surgery yesterday.

My brother-in-law had the old, diseased knee joint removed yesterday and the temp put in. He's got a pic line for continuous antibiotics over the
next few weeks; he had gotten quite ill prior to surgery with a fever and
jaundice from the infection (and they think from one of the meds). Surgery went well and my sister is now much relieved. So they will keep watching him and see if he is truly ready in 6 weeks for another permanent replacement. Keep Tom and Jane in your prayers ... thanks.

Paula

Thanks so much!
Love, Connie

No comments: