Friday, September 28, 2007

Dirt Bike 1, Quirin 0


In a message dated 9/24/2007 3:39:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time, mquirin@weldtechservices.com writes:
Bock,

Back at work now and just catching up on e-mails - thought I’d pass this along. Was out riding my new dirt bike in Tennessee over Labor Day (yeah, I know I’m getting too old for that stuff) and had a pretty good crash and burn at 70mph. Hit the dirt head first and ended up with a “Hangman’s fracture” of my neck according to the neurosurgeon – one of my vertebrae broken completely in half. Now I have this cell phone tower on my head. Everything works though, and I’ll get out of this thing in 2-3 months. The really good news is my dirt bike sustained no serious injuries and I’ll be able to ride it again.

LePori stopped by this weekend and we downed a few Michs to help ease the pain. He’s doing well and living in Jacksonville.

Life is good,
Mark

No comments: