Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sally Sluggett Rewarded by your Prayers


Dear Prayer Group,


I have seen the Power of Your Prayers. May I be so bold to ask you to say another Prayer for my dear friend Sally Sluggett. She has been in Barnes Hospital, St. Louis since July 21st. She was first diagnosed with pneumonia and then Legionnaires Disease. The very next day after your prayers her health immediately stabilized. She is still in intensive care and heavily sedated, but they were able to reduce her oxygen intake and the last x-ray of her lungs showed improvement.


If I may proceed further I have only know Sally for a few years. From the moment I met her I knew she had a big heart. She took me to New York for my first time last November. I was very skiddish of the big city. But she showed me around, we had a grand time, and we rode the subway. Sally didn't think twice about giving her lunch from Carnegie Deli to a homeless man or stopping us from boarding our train to try and help a begging girl with green snot running out of her nose down to her mouth by giving her tissues and talking to her, about what I never asked. Sal said she thought the gal was a drug addict. I always thought I was compassionate but I suddenly realized I had become a bit hardened through the years. Sally thankfully jolted me back to what the true meaning of compassion is all about. Her actions have made me a better person. And now I ask for your prayers for her. Please say a prayer for Sally.
God Bless,
Mary

No comments: