Monday, July 20, 2015

You're a Nurse?

"You're a nurse?" that's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. How much do you make?" 

The nurse replied: "HOW MUCH DO I MAKE?" ... 

I can make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared... I can make your child breathe when they stop...I can help your father survive a heart attack...I can make myself get up at 5AM to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live...I work all day to save the lives of strangers...I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of...I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your wife today is charted...I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday - Friday. Today, I might save your life. How much do I make? All I know is, I make a difference. 


God bless all Nurses...we have been so blessed with the kind ones that have helped us directly…and indirectly... these last 22 months...

Long before you entered nursing
The Lord had played His part,
Planting seeds of love and kindness
In the portals of your heart.
For it’s clear that you’ve been gifted
With a sympathetic ear,
And blessed from the beginning
With a willingness to cheer.
And the people who you care for
Are better off by far,
When they’re touched by your compassion,
By the person that you are.
For in times of woe and worry
When they’re frightened or they’re blue,
No one could be more consoling than the friend they’ll find in you

No comments: