Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kidney Cancer, David Gotay

Here is a recent fb update on David Gotay, my cellist colleague who is battling Stave IV Kidney cancer.  This man is my hero!

From Dave:

At Mount Sinai getting my monthly bone strengthening infusion. Results from my latest scans show cancer has not spread since January and there has been shrinkage in some of the tumors as well. Chemotherapy is working and although the doctors caution that this is not curative I am enjoying a return to normalcy and have started driving again. No playing yet as bone tumors continue to reduce shoulder mobility and strength but lots of writing arranging and recording in my home studio. 

Mount Siani is a wonderful hospital and the treatment center building is comfortable and modern. They just have me a tuna sandwich which was pretty good, and free!

Treatments up, time to go. 

Thanks for reading, your well wishes are as therapeutic as these treatments.

Thanks to my lovely wife Yuko Naito-Gotay who is always by my side. 

Love you all!

— with Yuko Naito-Gotay.

No comments: