Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"C" Throat Cancer FIGHT begins NOW...updated

UPDATE:  April 30, 2014


  Here’s an update from “C” whom we have been praying for - answered prayers below: 

Doing pretty well. Feeling better every day. Docs seem over-the-moon happy with everything.  (Keep wanting to asking them if they pray!)  I still have pretty much swelling in my neck where they removed nodes.  And my tongue is still swollen.  But, each day swelling is a bit less.  I am supposed to massage my neck to help with swelling and re-establish the lymph system that's no longer there.  Keeping up my weight.  Dodged the PEG tube bullet last Friday.  Surgeon wanted to have gastro guy insert feeding tube while I was still in the hospital.  I just could not bring myself to go back to the OR one week after the first surgery.  So, I promised that I could keep up my weight and I'm doing it.  Throwing everything in the Nutra Bullet.  Been eating hummus with brown rice, and cottage cheese and fruit puree for snacks.  Figured out how to make pureed cheese "omelet" for breakfast.  Can't chew because tongue still swollen.  Hope this improves soon!

Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the prayers!  Please keep them coming!


Love, C


First Request:  April 18, 2014

Bock - I just heard from C's husband Michael....C's surgery will go until at least 9pm tonight ....they must be doing some type of reconstruction ...I couldn't sleep all night ...had made a huge YOU ARE LOVED sign to hang at her house on my way to the gym this morning...I must have fallen asleep just before alarm went off at 430am....that I NEVER heard! Victor said he tried waking me but i didn't budge.  Ugh. So I texted her a picture of the sign and hope she saw it before she got to hospital. 

So it seems her treatments / order of things are a little different from yours...I don't recall her saying she has to do the treatments for her teeth...which I was quite interested in as I know of children who have such dental issues after treatment...is that relatively new??  And that you had the swallowing / speech evals before all began, which I was also impressed with.  


Thank you so much for update so that we can be praying for specific intentions and the time to be praying for them.  - blessings, Syl 

No comments: