Friday, March 28, 2014

Plea for a Living Donor -- Kidney Needed for Transplant

Sheldon Lentz...requests...

I need another kidney transplant. Since this will be my fourth transplant, my doctors are strongly recommending that I find someone who is willing to be a living donor. This donor could be nearly any healthy person. If he or she is not a good match for me it is still possible to donate on my behalf through a paired transplant exchange program. If you, or anyone you know, might be interested in donating a kidney to me or on my behalf, you can contact Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center at 410-614-9345 and they can tell you how to proceed.  The initial testing phase of this process can be entirely anonymous if you prefer. You don’t have to tell me, or anyone else, you are being worked up as a potential living donor.  For more information, go to http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/transplant/living_donors/.

Please feel free to forward this message or re-post it. And of course your prayers are appreciated!

Thank you,
Sheldon Lentz

410-652-3394

No comments: