Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lisa and Sjögren's Syndrome

We've been praying for my sister-in-law Lisa who has been recently dx with Sjogrens after ongoing symptoms for over a year and going from doctor to doctor …..
Sjögren's syndrome is a chronic autoimmune disease in which a person’s white blood cells attack their moisture-producing glands. Today, as many as 4 million Americans are living with this disease.
Although the hallmark symptoms are dry eyes and dry mouth, Sjögren’s also causes serious complications throughout the entire body...
please keep her in your prayers - here is her update: 

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 14:09:31 -0500
Subject: Update

Hi Syl,

I have my appointments scheduled for Johns Hopkins Sjogrens Center on June 3rd and 4th.  They are extremely organized.  On the first day, I will be seeing an Ophthalmologist (for dry eye test).  Then I will see the Neurologist who will determine if I need the EMG which will be done right after the appt. if necessary.  The next day, I am scheduled to see the Rheumatologist and to have a Salivary Gland test to see how swollen my glands are and how much saliva I produce.  Then they ordered an MRI of the lumbar spine because these doctors like to do them every 6 months and they have a more enhanced machine that sees more for what they are looking for.  I will then have the Skin biopsy if the they feel it is necessary.  I will be finished by 5:30. 

Hopefully I made the right decision.  All I want is to be confirmed with this diagnosis and be on the right medicine. 


Lisa

No comments: